Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What's Happening Wednesay: Time flies...

Posted by Sarah Thomas, Intern

Time flies when you're having fun!

It has been 64 days since I walked through Prosperity's door to start my summer internship. I cannot believe that it is July and summer is almost over. July 31st will be my last day here at Prosperity. I have to go back to school on August 2nd to start my student teaching. I will be a senior at IUPUI majoring in Elementary Education and will student teach 6th grade at the Center for Inquiry IPS #84 in the Broad Ripple area. I am nervous excited about this new adventure. I am also sad to be leaving Prosperity. I have learned a lot during my internship. I have also created relationships with the staff and look to them as mentors and friends. We have had so much fun during Wine Wednesdays, hot summer days without the AC, staff meetings, sharing stories, and laughing at each other and ourselves.

One of the things that I have enjoyed most about my internship is posting on this blog. Every Wednesday and Friday has served as a creative outlet for me. I have so enjoyed writing and taking pictures for the posts each week. I am also glad that I had the opportunity to be involved with the Central Indiana Food Hub Feasibility Study. I did not know what a "food hub" was when I came aboard the project. I am a firm believer in good communication between the farmer and the consumer. I think that a food hub is an ideal way for that communication to happen successfully. Another thing that I have enjoyed about my internship is the passion for agriculture that I share with the Prosperity staff. I love the conversations and stories that we have shared about growing up in the industry and how much it has influenced us to be the people we are today.

I hope you all have enjoyed reading my What's Happening Wednesday and Photo Friday posts and that you continue to stop by and read the blog. Please continue to pray for rain and the farm and ranch families that need it most!


No comments:

Post a Comment