Friday, July 1, 2011

From the Desk of Prosperity’s Summer Intern, Rachel Bayless:


This Wednesday we attended Greater Indiana Clean Cities’ Alternative Fuel and Related Technology “Day at the Track”.   It was a nice day, and there was a good turnout. Some speakers talked about the alternative fuels that cars will eventually be using more prominently. There was a "Ride 'n' Drive" event, where electric cars were available to drive and hybrid school buses were there to ride in. We didn't get a chance to participate in that. But it was a nice event anyway! 




My book project is currently underway! I have written a marketing plan, which was something I didn’t know how to do before. But that is Erin’s area of expertise, and she guided me through it. For the next week I will be getting together a media kit and some contact information and wholesale prices and serious information to approach my prospects with! I’m looking forward to getting started on the sales. Hopefully I won’t face too many rejections. This internship is giving me a lot of experiences that I know I will be using in my career in the future. Wish me luck on a successful project. And I wouldn’t be any kind of a sales person if I didn’t provide you with link to Sarah’s books.


We will be closed this afternoon and Monday. From all of us at Prosperity, have a lovely Independence Day weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment