Monday, July 25, 2011

From the Desk of Prosperity’s Summer Intern, Rachel Bayless:


I can’t believe I only have three weeks left of my internship. This summer has gone by so quickly. My next three weeks will be focused on marketing Starting & Running Your Own Small Farm Business and The Profitable Hobby Farm. There will be quite a bit of email and phone correspondence with Indiana wineries and local businesses to try to sell the book at those locations in addition to the current major sellers: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Borders, and Hastings. And at some point in the next few weeks we’re going to try to set up a face-to-face sales call. I’ll admit, I’m nervous! But hopefully I can pick up some sales skills from my internship, as I continue studying sales & marketing.

It looks as though I’ll be working at the state fair for a couple days with the Indiana Office of Energy. I am truly excited to be seeing the fair from a different side. I’ve attended it almost every year, just with elephant ears and snow cones in mind. But I’m looking forward to seeing the agriculture and Indiana-focused side of the state fair and especially seeing the displays the Office of Energy presents to fair-goers interested in Indiana energy. And as I mentioned in my last post, the ISDA is putting on a “Celebration of Agriculture” event on August 17th. They will also be announcing their photo contest winners, and Sarah’s photo “Hereford Haze” is an entry!

Photo by Rachel Bayless

No comments:

Post a Comment