Thursday, May 9, 2013

Allow Me to Introduce Myself...


Greetings! My name is Meredith Deem, the new summer intern here at Prosperity Consulting, and I would like to take this time to introduce myself. First, a little background: I graduated from Indiana University in 2012 where I studied English Literature and Communication and Culture. I have previous experience working in marketing for Daviess Community Hospital and the Daviess County Community Foundation in my hometown of Washington, Indiana.
            Now, a little insight into my life right now: This summer I will be doing research for Sarah Aubrey for her third book – a work about grant writing for entrepreneurs. I will also be doing some PR work for the book, and, well, anything else they may need help with around the Prosperity office this summer! Once summer is over and fall is upon us, I hope to be enrolled at Indiana University Purdue University-Indianapolis to earn my Masters in Philanthropy so I will ultimately be prepared to start my own nonprofit organization.
            I am very excited about this opportunity to work with Sarah and the Prosperity team for a number of reasons, but the ones that come first to mind seems very serendipitous to me! As an English major, it is probably pretty evident that I have a very tender spot in my heart for books and all that comes with them. I am quite nearly giddy over the prospect of getting to be involved with the behind-the-scenes process of how a book comes to life! Personally, I think it’s going to be a very special experience getting to learn how all the books I know and love really came to be.
            Furthermore, with my hopes of starting and running my own nonprofit someday, I can’t imagine a better experience than working for a successful grant writer and business woman. In many ways, a nonprofit organization is a lot like a small business; the same tools and tactics used to run a successful business can also be utilized to create a successful and sustainable nonprofit. Most notable, of course, is the acquisition of grant money. Well, then, I am certainly in the right place and with the right person! I can’t wait to see what I will learn from Sarah’s experience and the entrepreneurial slant that she offers.   
            Anyway, time to wrap up. Thank you to those who took the time to read my very first blog post and learn a little about me. I hope to meet and get to know many of you in the future! Very exciting things are happening with Prosperity, so be sure to keep up with Sarah’s Midweek Motivations, and stay tuned for future blog posts, which will actually be about Prosperity activities ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment