Monday, August 8, 2011

Hamming It Up


Last Friday morning Sarah, Erin, and I got to attend Indiana Pork’s annual Ham Breakfast at the fairgrounds. It was bright and early at 6:45am. Governor Mitch Daniels and Lieutenant Governor Becky Skillman spoke briefly about Indiana agriculture and our wonderful state fair. As the governor said, even though this is the “Year of the Soybeans”, every year is the “Year of the Pig” at the fair. And of course we got a yummy breakfast. The Indiana State Fair has officially begun!

I only have one week remaining of my internship. For the final week I will be making phone calls to bookstores promoting Sarah’s books. The books are already sold in major bookstores such as Barnes & Noble and Borders. But we’re looking to have them in smaller stores around the state, a nice touch to local bookstores to feature an Indiana author. Mooresville Feed & Seed, past the Lowe’s, will be carrying a few copies beginning next week. More locations are to be announced.

This week I will hopefully have the opportunity to work at the state fair a couple days with the Indiana Office of Energy Development. It’ll be good networking, especially seeing as it’s about time for me to start looking for an internship for next summer! I am open to suggestions, recommendations, and job offers. The agriculture world is very close-knit, as I’ve learned this summer. It seems as though everybody knows each other. I have a lot of people left to meet!

Post/Photo by Rachel Bayless

No comments:

Post a Comment